Sunday, April 26, 2009

God's Perfect Plan Unfolding

Tonight we were blessed by dear friends who gave us a wonderful “sending” dinner. I can’t believe 2 weeks from today and we will be China bound!

This has lead me to ponder many things . . . I thought I might share some of my thoughts, so you can better understand what has led us to this point in our lives.

Our journey began many years ago when, I was adopted by Christ’s blood into His family as this is the perfect picture of adoption.

I just marvel at the wonderful plan God has for each of our lives. Looking back over my life I realize specific events that have unfolded to lead us to where we are at today. Little seeds have been planted throughout our life. I remember a missionary that came to our church when I was a child. Guess where he was going? Yes, China! I remember being fascinated by China in elementary school history and geography. At that time though, I never could have imagined that our child would come from China. – Wasn’t that on the other side of the world?!

Before Steve and I got married we discussed adoption as a way to form a family. Through Steve’s Aunt and Uncle and the adoption of their beautiful daughter he has such a positive opinion of adoption. I remember so vividly the night we were sitting around Steve's Aunt and Uncle's table and they received the call that they were going to be able to welcome another precious girl into their family. Throughout their lives they have welcomed three lovely girls into their family. Wow, another seed planted in our hearts!

Yet another event, I recall so vividly is Samuel Fang coming to our church and seeing his little girl run across the platform. Just the joy and blessing to see the work that they were beginning through Living Hope Adoption agency. It is amazing to think now, how many families their work and ministry has brought together through these past few years. Later, Steve had the opportunity to do business with Living Hope and again the seed was being planted as to who would help us in the journey to our little one.

A few years past and we were in the middle of welcoming 4 precious blessings into our family within 5 years. Even through all this excitement we knew that one day we would add our fifth precious blessing to our family through adoption. At this point, we were confident it would be via China. Through the birth of our fourth blessing God opened our eyes yet again. This time it was to special needs. He blessed us with a gorgeous boy who was born with a cleft lip and palate. It was through this that we were led to pursue a special needs adoption.

It was 2004, when I first started seriously looking into bringing our next addition home from China. At this point, I started requesting applications and gathering information about International Adoption. Feeling a bit overwhelmed by the paperwork and the financial costs involved we put things on hold for a while. I remember it was that year that I specifically began praying for the child that was going to be a part of our family one day. Little did I know at the time, it was that year our little Mia was born half a world away.

There have been countless people who have come into our lives that I know without a doubt God has put there to show us and encourage us in our journey. I want to thank each and everyone of you. Some of you have been there from the start. I appreciate those who have shared their experiences. I think back to a visit with a dear friend who met me at McDonalds’s when I was first looking into the process. Then to those of you who God brought into our lives as our journey was just beginning. Then there are those of you of whom we have been able to share our journey together, some we have not yet had the chance to meet face-to–face, but are in our hearts.

I thank my God for His wonderful and marvelous works, my soul knows right well that Mia was given to us by God. He has a divine plan for her life and our lives together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment