Today our big outing was to the Strong Museum of Play. What a place - somewhere that children can play all day and even then want to play more. Everyone always comes home so tired from all the work/play they do.
Our annual picture on the steps of Sesame Street! When I get home I will have to look for a picture of the first time we came. I am thinking Steven was only 2 and Zachary just a baby. My how they have grown.
Big Bird's Nest
The Aquarium!
Mia and Megan with the giant panda. My how Mia wanted to get up on that chair to hug that panda. Pandas are her favorite!
Jonathan as the mail man at "Life in the U.S." area.This is Mia's "thing". Boy, does she love a stage!
Zachary was busy working the camera, while Steven worked the sound. I had a picture of that but just deleted that by mistake. Sorry, Steven. It was wonderful to see the children all working together to make the production a success!
Just a statement I found very true. I wonder what we are doing to our children as I recently found out that the State we live in is increasing the teaching time to our kindergartners. No more nap time and the curriculum is more rigid. They must be reading well by the end of Kindergarten now. What happen to the need to play!
The Pellet Sand Box
The Bernstein Bears
Mia sliding down the slide of the "girl's club house" in the Bernstein Bears town.
On the second floor of the Museum of Play is the National Toy Hall of Fame. Some of the toys that have this honor I played with as a child. My do I feel old!
Megan loved the good old "Blocks".
Tinker Toys were one of Zachary's favorites.
The American Girl - Bitty Baby was just inducted into the Toy Hall of Fame last year.Steven enjoyed playing it, especially games like Frogger and Centipede.
Well that was our "Day of Play" in a nut shell. Would you believe we stayed until it closed and they still didn't have the chance to do everything they wanted. "There is always next year"!



















No comments:
Post a Comment