"Look at all the stickers they gave me -- 5."
Then here she is post op, home resting. Watching TV with all her stickers on!
Something I do while my children are in surgery is journal. It helps pass the time and relax me when I place my thoughts on paper. I don't often share these but I thought I would this time around.Dear Mia,
It has been 5 months since Daddy and Mommy brought you home. This is your first surgery, while you have been with us. They gave you Valium which I doubt my decision on that at this moment. You were so loopy as they took you back for surgery and it will take longer for you to recover from the anesthesia. Well, I can’t go back now and they said it will help you forget about this experience.
What a sweet, curious little girl you are, you don’t have a care in the world. My prayer is that you will one day realize that Jesus and His angels are taking care of you and they have been there your whole life, even before you had a Mommy and Daddy. You might not realize He was there with you while you lay looking at the ceiling your first years of life but He was rocking you to sleep. He was with you during the surgeries you had before and He is with you right now. How we longed to bring you home and kiss you good night. There was a missing part of our family, your bed lay empty many months just waiting for you. Now your bed welcomes you every night as you lay your head down after a long day. But here I sit waiting for you again, even though you are just a hallway away as the Doctor works on your little ears. Guess what . . . Jesus is holding you, yet again!
The Doctor just came out and said that everything went well. Mommy will be holding you soon. I just want to tell you that you have a family now that cares so much about you and loves you more than words can say.
When I walked in and saw the nurse holding you my heart filled with gratitude for all those angels God allowed to hold you when you needed them in your past. What a touching moment -- the moment when the nurse said,”Mia, look who is here, it is your Mommy” and she placed you in my lap. The hug you game me just melted my insides. I am so glad Jesus and His angels had been watching over you, because I am the one who is blessed to be holding you now!
Love,
Mommy
Mommy
