Saturday, January 23, 2010

Backyard Excitement!


I see this as a teachable moment. My kids saw this as excitement -firetrucks-an ambulance - police cars! Let me put it this way, this is what happens when you get in a car and drive way over the speed limit. Three teenage boys got out of the car after taking out both brick pillars on the neighbors driveway and hitting the tree. Megan said, "Mom, they were going like 75mph". This is the main road of our subdivision in the back of our house and the speed limit is 25mph. There is trouble with this portion of the road because it is a dip in the road and people think they have to go fast to make it up the hill. BTW this is where our little poodle dog was hit last year, but that is another story. I thank the Lord that the kids were not playing down there at the time. They were however outside and witnessed the whole thing. Let me tell you, I am not looking forward to my kids getting their licences. It is coming all too soon!