Sunday, August 8, 2010

Jill is with Jesus!

Jill is in the middle of Becky and I.

Just thought I would let you know that my dear friend Jill and her son Niko (16) went home to Jesus early this morning. The two of them were returning home from Illinois after visiting family. They were within 45 minutes of their house when they were hit by a drunk driver who ran a red light. They were killed instantly. Please pray for her husband and 17 year old son who are grieving their loss. They are a close family who has always been so dependant upon one another.

Jill is one of those people who would just light up the room when she entered. She lived life out loud and was not ashamed of the Gospel. She wanted everybody to know that she was God's precious princess and that they too could be God's princess as well. She wrote a book this year to share this with anyone who would take the time to read it. The name of her book is Princess Journal by Dr. Jill Jones. I am in shock that her work here on earth is complete and that God would take such a faithful servant home so soon.

She was the one who planned a surprise birthday dinner for me just this year. Jill had a way of making you feel so special. I will miss her, but she is now dancing in the presence of the King of Kings.

All I can say is "Thank you Jesus for allowing me the privilege to call Jill my friend for 3 precious years." I will miss you!