Friday, April 23, 2010

Successful Surgery!

In the Waiting Room passing time while waiting for surgery. Nothing like a DS game to keep your mind off things.
Jonathan was very hungry. The surgeon bases the surgery times on age. He is no longer the youngest and had to wait to have his surgery until later.
All ready to go! I see on his face that he is starting to get a bit nervous.

In the recovery room. He sucked down 2 Gatorades in a matter of minutes.
Just complained of being a little dizzy.

My Letter to Jonathan!

Dear Jonathan,
You just went back for your third set of ear tubes. Dr. H. was so funny driving your bed back to the operating room. He decided not to wait for help and to drive it himself. He had you push the button to open the door. You were off like a race car almost crashing into the wall. Though you were a bit nervous, I saw a smile and even heard a laugh at how Dr. H. was driving the bed.
You are an amazing boy. I know it is hard on you at the moment as your life has not been in rhythm this entire school year. With many visits to the orthodontist (3hrs. one way) and missing school each time. Then you have had your many ear infections. I pray that one day you will be a strong man because of what you have been through.
What a curious boy you are! You ask about everything, wanting each tool, instrument and procedure explained to you. Maybe one day, you too will be a Doctor helping others. Though at times you show your talent in debate and love it. . . maybe a Lawyer or Politician?! It is wonderful to think and dream about your future. God has an amazing plan for your life! Just remember God loves you and so do I.
Dr. H. just came out saying you did get a bit scared right before they put you to sleep, but you did great. The surgery went well. He did find a growth of granulation tissue built up behind and around the tube. After pulling at the growth and it breaking a couple times it did finally pop out of the hole where the tube was. He said these growths have small fragile blood vessels and that was the reason for the blood coming out of your ears. PTL that the growth came out the tube incision and we didn't have to have another surgery. Because of this growth over the tube your ears have had fluid on them causing your hearing impairment. My prayer now is that your body doesn't reject this new set of tubes.
The doctor said they will get me in a minute once you are brought to the recovery room. I will be there soon so that I can hold you in my arms as you wake. You are still my baby boy. I can't wait to hold you. Mommy is coming!

With all my love,
Your Mommy

I forgot this picture. This was in the recovery room and Jonathan had made up a whole story about this picture and the adventures that Pooh and Tiger were on as he was waking up from the anesthesia. Just thought I would post it so you would always remember it - Jonathan. :)